EFMD Programme Accreditation
The leading international system of quality assessment,
improvement and accreditation of business programmes
EFMD ACCREDITED BENEFITS
EFMD programme accreditation provides you with international market recognition of a high-quality programme.
A branded label, e.g. EFMD Accredited - MBA and EFMD Accredited - BA, offers you a significant point of distinction in the increasingly competitive business education landscape.
You can take advantage of international comparisons and benchmarking through the process of review by an international peer review team.
STRATEGIC ADVICE AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
EFMD Accredited offers you strategic guidance for quality improvement and future development of your programme(s).
INTERNATIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
Being accredited makes you part of a vibrant international community of mutual learning and sharing good practice with institutions from different higher education systems.
Ready to find out more?
EFMD ACCREDITED FRAMEWORK
The EFMD programme accreditation process is based upon a conceptual framework of quality criteria which are reviewed continuously by an international committee of EFMD members.
The EFMD programme accreditation framework is an input-output model moving from programme design to programme delivery to programme outcomes. The framework also considers the wider institutional and environmental contexts, together with the institutional and programme quality assurance processes.
Three transversal pillars feature in the EFMD Accredited assessment system: internationalisation, a corporate perspective, and ethics, responsibility, sustainability (ERS).
THE INSTITUTIONAL CONTEXT
The Institutional Context reviews the extent to which the programme is an integral part of the institution's strategy and therefore the extent to which it is supported by the its various stakeholders, with the resources necessary for its successful delivery. There should also be a clear commitment to internationalisation, corporate needs and ERS.
Programme Outcomes are concerned with evaluating the quality of student outputs in terms of assessed work during the programme itself, and also career paths following graduation, together with the programme's reputation and standing overall.
Programme Design covers an assessment of the likely market for this area of study and clear objectives should be specified for the programme, linked to market needs. The programme design should also specify target students' entry and exit profiles, Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs), programme rationale and assessment regime.
The programme should have effective and robust Quality Assurance processes which should cover design and review, including approvals, monitoring of teaching quality, and rigour of the assessment processes The QA processes should be inclusive of all key stakeholder perspectives.
PROGRAMME DELIVERY & OPERATIONS
The programme should specify the student entry criteria which should lead to an appropriate quality of student intake and an international student mix. Teaching should be of high quality and of appropriate academic depth, supported by the development of personal skills, an international perspective, corporate engagement, and a broad ethics/sustainability perspective.
- Initial EFMD Programme Accreditation of CEIBS, UiS Business School, University of Stavanger and College of Business Administration, University of Business & Technology
- Initial EFMD Programme Accreditation awarded to the Faculty of International Business, Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences & CFVG – French-Vietnamese Centre for Management Education
- Initial EFMD Programme Accreditation of Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University & the Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade
- EFMD Programme Re-Accreditation of four business school programmes
- Wroclaw University of Economics and Business, LUT School of Business and Management – LUT University and Sheffield Business School – Sheffield Hallam University have their programmes re-accredited
- Initial EFMD Programme Accreditation of University of St. Gallen and School of Business and Governance, Tallinn University of Technology
- Initial EFMD Programme Accreditation of Rennes School of Business