Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards
International recognition for doctoral research in responsible management
Fostering innovation and excellence in responsible management research
Get assessed by leading scholars working in the field of management
Stimulate the future doctoral fellows and inspire research in responsible management
Receive valuable feedback and communication guidance on your research
Gain recognition from the global business and management community
Scoop a cash prize of £1,000, awarded to the winning research
We champion the work of those who share our goal of contributing to a more ethical, responsible and sustainable way of working. We offer a prize and two runners up prizes for the best doctoral research from the last three years that address areas related to responsible management.
Submit now if your doctoral research covers any of the following areas that contribute to a more responsible world:
UN SDG-related issues for responsibility
Food poverty and security
Sustainable supply chains
CSR and greenwashing
Responsible and ethical marketing
Innovative responsible management
Curriculum development in responsible management
Responsible management knowledge transfer partnerships
You don’t need to submit your full thesis to enter, but you need to succinctly summarise the most important parts of your research.
More information is available at the Emerald website
To be eligible for the awards, the research must address an issue that is of importance to one of the subject areas listed.
The awards are open to those who have been awarded PhD following completion of viva (thesis defence) and received formal result from institution's awards registry between 15 Jan 2019 and 28 February 2022, and have not applied previously for one of these awards.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Originality and innovation.
2. Appropriateness and application of the methodology.
3. Quality of data/research.
4. Significance/implications for theory and practice.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to answer further questions as appropriate from the judging panel. If suitable, the winner and authors of highly commended dissertations will be invited to submit a paper, sole or co-authored, from their research within six months of winning.
Please note that the decision of the judges is final. Due to a large number of submissions, applicants will not receive any feedback.
- 2022 Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards (ODRA) – Applications Open!
- 2021 Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards winner
- Recognising the work of doctoral students whose research can create positive impact in the area of responsible management
- 2020 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards winners
- Thinking Critically on School Leadership and a Shared Sense-Making Process
- 2018 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards winners
- IACMR-RRBM Award for Responsible Research in Management
"*" indicates required fields