Outstanding Doctoral Research Award
International recognition for doctoral research in responsible management
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 ODRA ARE OPEN
Next submission deadline: 17 September 2021
Fostering innovation and excellence in responsible management research
Get assessed by leading scholars working in the field of management
Stimulate the future doctoral fellows and inspire research in responsible management
Receive valuable feedback and communication guidance on your research
Gain recognition from the global business and management community
Scoop a cash prize of £1,000, awarded to the winning research
We champion the work of those who share our goal of contributing to a more ethical, responsible and sustainable way of working. We offer a prize and two runners up prizes for the best doctoral research from the last three years that address areas related to responsible management.
Submit now if your doctoral research covers any of the following areas that contribute to a more responsible world:
Food poverty and security
Sustainable supply chains
CSR and greenwashing
Responsible and ethical marketing
Business continuity and disaster recovery
Innovation and digital economy
To be eligible for the awards, the research must address an issue that is of importance to one of the subject areas listed.
The awards are open to those who have completed and satisfied examination requirements for a doctoral award, between between 15 January 2018 and 28 February 2021, and have not applied previously for one of these awards.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Originality and innovation.
2. Appropriateness and application of the methodology.
3. Quality of data/research.
4. Significance/implications for theory and practice.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to answer further questions as appropriate from the judging panel. If suitable, winners will be invited to submit a paper, sole or co-authored, from their research within six months of winning.
Please note that the decision of the judges is final. Due to the large number of submissions, applicants will not receive any feedback.
- Recognising the work of doctoral students whose research can create positive impact in the area of responsible management
- 2020 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards winners
- Thinking Critically on School Leadership and a Shared Sense-Making Process
- 2018 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards winners
- IACMR-RRBM Award for Responsible Research in Management
- Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards – Applications open!
- 2017 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards winners