Research Leadership Programme
The professional development programme
for research directors
Business schools face a highly competitive environment. With the growing importance of impact, relevance and research performance indicators, research strategy is essential for the institutional development and positioning. The Research Leadership Programme is an intense learning and sharing experience that will enable you to break new grounds, and build diverse and strong networks. You will learn how to structure your strategy and develop effectiveness while refining the research context.
In collaboration with EURAM, this one-week professional development programme prepares business school research directors for the complex and rapid changes impacting their work.
The programme will help you formulate and implement new research strategy, address the right questions, and engage with global partners internationally. You will also get abreast with new trends and challenges that impact the future of management research, and major changes in research funding and measurement.
Business school research directors, or equivalent such as: associate deans for research, research associates, vice-presidents for research, research fellows, research managers and heads of research office.
The programme admits a maximum of 20 participants for each session. Applicants are invited to submit a statement of personal goals, a curriculum vitae and a letter of support from their direction. Participants are selected by the Programme Committee.
Understand the broad context of research at national and international levels
You will engage in an in-depth reflection and discussion with peers about research policies at the EU and national levels, national research assessments, international research-oriented rankings and the publishing world.
Gain insights into institutional research strategy formulation and implementation
Through examples of institutional research strategies you will understand the drivers behind strategy setting in business schools and universities. You will also discuss the challenges related to resourcing research (e.g. finances, faculty) and the research output process.
Practise leadership and management skills
In a scenario building exercise, you will cooperate with peers to formulate a future research vision for 2030, negotiating and co-creating with colleagues.
Ready to find out more?
The programme takes place over 4 days and includes plenary sessions and interactive workshops during which participants have the opportunity to share experiences and good practices with their peers.
- Dorota Dobija, Director of Ph.D.Studies, Kozminski University, PL
- Thomas Durand, President EURAM & Chaired Professor, Strategic Management, le Cnam, FR
- Peter Moellgaard, Dean, Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, NL
- Filip Roodhooft, Research Dean, Vlerick Business School, BE
- Nadine Burquel, Director Business School Services, EFMD
- Virginie Heredia Rosa, Manager, Business School Services, EFMD
- Nicole Coopman, Executive Office, EURAM
- Peter McKiernan, Professor of Management, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Join the new Book Club with Jeffrey Sachs!
- Reconfiguration of the Enrollment Funnel for B-schools: New GMAC Survey Research
- A new team of researchers selected by ERA Chair (IN4ACT) is starting to work 1st of October
- Grenoble Ecole de Management: Bringing diversity and inclusion to the surface – unlocking full potential of teams
- Implications of COVID-19 for Public Health and the SDGs