Online Teaching Academy
Moving beyond remote teaching to master all aspects of online education
ONLINE TEACHING ACADEMY
Master your online teaching skills and keep up with rapidly-evolving trends in online business education.
The Online Teaching Academy, a highly interactive and engaging blended programme brought by EFMD with the support of IE Business School and Imperial College Business School.
The Online Teaching Academy will provide you with the theoretical and practical tools to design an effective online or blended learning experience in management education, based on sound learning-design principles, best practices examples and trends.
- Faculty and early-career researchers with no or limited experience in online learning or teaching interested in designing an effective online course which goes beyond videoconferencing
- Learning design professionals with a basic knowledge of online learning design interested in understanding the wider landscape of teaching online at a higher education institution and increasing their level of understanding
You will embark on a flexible learning journey consisting of two phases:
- Online phase - one weeks online with one synchronous online session
- Residential period - A three-day face-to-face workshop that includes a group assignment, with the option to attend live online.
Ready to join the programme?
new perspectives on online learning and review its key benefits and challenges
your online and blended course design skills
the concepts of interaction, assessment, feedback and learning analytics in an online learning sphere
your final project and design an online or blended course
with the global learning community and facilitators
the EFMD Professional Development Certificate
Our learning environment is powered by insendi, a learning experience platform designed to enable business schools to deliver premium online and blended learning programmes. insendi is driven by an educational vision: a belief that online education can have the same transformational impact as the very best face-to-face courses. insendi originates from Imperial College business school and provides the technology and services to the Future of Management Education (FOME) alliance.
Articulate advantages of online education to support students’ academic and professional development
Compare and contrast different models of online & blended learning
Identify key challenges and discuss strategies and tools for potential solutions
Reflect on the use of learning analytics to gather insights into learner behaviour
Learn about the different resources that are at disposal when designing and delivering an online course
The programme Facilitators
The Online Teaching Academy is a professional development programme led by highly-experienced professionals involved in shaping the global online education environment.
- Exploring the benefits of personal development opportunities in the workplace
- Mainstreaming the SDGs in business schools
- Demystifying transformation – 5 ways to transform your business school PR
- Connecting with careers at the 2022 CPDI
- Developing or rethinking a sustainable strategy for online education
- Rethinking faculty models for impactful schools and resilient careers
- Teaching with tableau
Online Teaching Academy Contact Form
"*" indicates required fields