Online Teaching Academy
Mastering online teaching in business education
Master your online teaching skills and keep up with rapidly-evolving trends in online business education.
Become an EFMD Certified Online Facilitator by participating in the Online Teaching Academy, a five-week blended programme brought by the EFMD with the support of IE Business School and Imperial College Business School.
The Online Teaching Academy will provide you with the theoretical and practical tools to design an effective online or blended learning experience in management education, based on sound learning-design principles, best practice examples and trends.
- Faculty and early-career researchers with no experience in online learning or teaching
- Faculty with some experience of teaching blended or online modules within management education, seeking to explore new techniques and trends
- Learning design professionals with a basic knowledge of online learning design interested in understanding the wider landscape of teaching online at a higher education institution
You will embark on a flexible learning journey consisting of three phases:
- Online phase - two weeks online with two synchronous video conferences
- Residential period - a three-day face-to-face workshop
- Online phase: personal assignment and peer review exercises - two weeks of independent learning with a final assignment
Ready to join the programme?
new perspectives on online learning and review its key benefits and challenges
your online and blended course design skills
the concepts of interaction, assessment, feedback and learning analytics in an online learning sphere
your final project and design an online or blended course
with the global learning community and facilitators
the EFMD Online Facilitator’s Certificate
Our learning environment is powered by insendi, a learning experience platform designed to enable business schools to deliver premium online and blended learning programmes. insendi is driven by an educational vision: a belief that online education can have the same transformational impact as the very best face-to-face courses. insendi originates from Imperial College business school and provides the technology and services to the Future of Management Education (FOME) alliance.
Articulate advantages of online education to support students’ academic and professional development
Compare and contrast different models of online & blended learning
Identify key challenges and discuss strategies and tools for potential solutions
Reflect on the use of learning analytics to gather insights into learner behaviour
Design blended or online courses based on sound learning-design principles and current best practices
Create a holistic learning experience to engage students and enhance learning
Apply different methods, resources and tools to support online learners
Design formative and summative assessments. Deliver effective synchronous learning sessions
The programme Facilitators
The Online Teaching Academy is a professional development programme led by highly-experienced professionals involved in shaping the global online education environment.
Adjunct Professor Of Managing Creative Projects
- We are all in this together
- From Adaptation to Innovation: How the Corona Pandemic Changed Business Education
- MBA International Business
- Career Professionals Development Institute: Lessons learned and implemented
- Leading business schools through a global crisis: navigating the unpredictable
- New Webinar Series: Business Proofing of Business Schools
- Knowing me, knowing you – new research to help business school communicators better understand the challenges and strategies of reaching external stakeholders