EFMD GN Deans Across Frontiers (EDAF) aims to assist Business Schools to develop further through mentoring of the institution’s Senior Management Team.
As with the EFMD accreditation systems (EQUIS and EPAS), the school will undergo a Self-Assessment and Peer Advisory Process. Following the assessment by the Peer Advisory Team, the School will benefit for a three-year period of mentoring by an experienced Dean or former Dean and will progress towards defined development objectives.
The EFMD Global Network will assure the effectiveness of the process through systematic progress tracking. Some funding is available for participating schools that cannot afford to cover all the costs of this service.
EDAF is a further endeavour of EFMD Global Network to raise the standard of management education worldwide. It is not only targeted at the very best Business Schools of the world but also at Business Schools in the early stages of quality development both in developed and developing countries.
Since EFMD and the EFMD Global Network possess a network of recently retired Deans or Associate Deans who now have more time available to pass on their accumulated wisdom where needed, they could be mobilised as deans willing to work across frontiers in support of this project (EDAF).
The EDAF system is offered by EFMD Global Network as a quality improvement system complementary to EFMD's EQUIS and EPAS accreditation systems. However, it should be underlined that EDAF is not an accreditation but a mentoring and development system.
Eleven Schools have successfully completed the EDAF evaluation stage so far:
- Colleges of Business Administration, University of Business and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- School of Economics and Management, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Colegio de Estudios Superiores de Administración (CESA), Colombia
- Institut Supérieur de la Communication, des Affaires et du Management (ISCAM), Madagascar
- Wits Business School, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- IAM - Institut Africain de Management, Senegal
- ICDA Business School, Universidad Católica de Córdoba, Argentina
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Ghana
- UNE Business School, University of New England (UNE), Australia
- University of Ghana Business School, Ghana
- Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales (ESSEC), Université de Douala, Cameroon
Seven of these institutions are going through the mentoring phase and the others are expected to follow soon. Another five institutions from different countries are currently at the earlier stages of the EDAF process.
We congratulate these institutions on their commitment to institutional quality development.
For submitting an application or for any enquiry, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
|EDAF Flyer (EN)||EDAF Flyer (ES)|
|EDAF Assessment Criteria||EDAF Manual||EDAF Manual Annexes|
Supporting Documentation for the Mentoring Process
- EDAF Expression of Interest Form
This form should be completed by those persons who wish to contribute in some way to the EDAF process, e.g. as sponsors, advisors or potential mentors.